Terms and Conditions
General Terms and Conditions of Business for services rendered by the hotel
1. Our terms and conditions of business shall apply for all agreements with regard to events in the conference, banquet and restaurant rooms as well as with regard to reservations (=hiring) for bedrooms in the hotel as well as for all other goods and services associated with this. In addition to this it shall apply for other rooms, showcases, wall and other space provided by the hotel.
2. Booked rooms shall be made available for the customer from 15.00 onwards. They must be vacated no later than 12.00 on the day of departure. In so far as an arrival time has not expressly been agreed, after 18.00 the hotel shall be entitled to dispose of booked rooms otherwise, without the customer being able to derive a claim therefrom. The customer shall not be entitled to have specific rooms or premises. Should a promise be given to this effect in the order confirmation, but specific rooms or premises are not available, the hotel shall be obliged to endeavour to provide an equivalent replacement within its own building or in other buildings.
3. A binding rental agreement shall materialise when hotel room reservations are accepted by the hotel. The rental agreement shall be subject to statutory regulations. In particular, the party making the booking shall not be entitled to withdraw unilaterally from the rental agreement. If the party making the booking does not use the booked rooms, the hotel shall be entitled to invoice the full rental value (=agreed room price) minus any costs saved. The party making the booking shall reserve the right to prove that the hotel has sustained a lesser loss.
4. If the party making the booking is not the organiser at the same time, the party making the booking shall be liable to the hotel and to the organiser and together with the organiser as joint and several debtor.
5. If less participants or guests arrive than agreed, the customer shall have to pay for the number notified to the hotel and at least the agreed number of persons.
6. The customer must not bring in food and drink to events as a matter of principle. In special cases (for example national specialities) a written agreement may be made. In any case the hotel shall invoice a service fee and / or corkage.
7. The mounting of decoration or other materials shall require the prior consent of the hotel. These decoration materials must comply with the local fire prevention regulations. In cases of doubt, the customer shall undertake to contact the local fire prevention authority responsible. Decoration material brought in to the hotel must be removed within 24 hours of the event at the latest. After that the hotel shall be entitled to dispose of it at the expense of the customer.
8. At events lasting longer than the contractually agreed time, or in other cases later than 23.00, the hotel can invoice additional expenditure, in particular for follow-up events and staff.
9. The customer shall be liable to the hotel for damage or loss caused during the term of the contract, provided that the hotel is not responsible for the damage or loss and it has not been caused by a third party.
10. Provided that the hotel has procured technical of other installations for the customer, it shall be acting in the name, and for the account, of the customer. The customer shall be liable for treating the installations with care and for the proper return of the installations and shall exempt the hotel from all third party claims arising from the installations being handed over to the customer.
11. The customer shall have to obtain the necessary official permits for an event at his own costs and in good time. Compliance with public-law impositions and other regulations shall be incumbent upon him. He shall have to pay fees to be paid to third parties, in particular GEMA fees, entertainment tax etc., directly to the creditor.
12. Newspaper advertisement, other advertisements and publications including a reference to the hotel and / or the invitations to verbal presentations and / or sales events shall require written consent. If significant interests of the hotel are impaired as a result, the hotel may cancel the event and demand compensation for its expenses.
13. The hotel shall reserve the right to withdraw from a booking if significant elements of the agreements made between the customer and hotel have been amended in the period between signing the booking and utilisation of the service.
14. The place of fulfilment for both parties shall be the location of the hotel. The place of jurisdiction shall be Cologne.
15. Agreements or side agreements to the contrary or supplementary agreements or side agreements must be made in writing to be legally valid. This shall also apply for the cancellation of the requirement for written form. Should individual provisions of the contract including this condition of business be void or in valid, the validity of the remaining provisions shall not be affected. In such a case the parties shall be obliged to replace the void or invalid provision with a provision which comes closest to the void or invalid provision economically.